When I go on a trip, I like to know where I’m staying. There ya go.I said it. I’m one of those people. I search for my hotel online, try to get the best deal and make sure the GPS on my phone knows how to get me there. For better or for worse, I want to know there is room at the inn when I get tired.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a compulsive planner, but I do like a little structure in my day-to-days.
Currently, in our Sunday morning children’s services we are teaching through the life of Moses. (Thank you Brian Dollar and High Voltage Kids!)
The series begins with an important reminder that God has a plan for us. Ultimately, His plan is for our salvation, and a life filled with worship and faithfulness, walking with Him in love and obedience.
But, we want “the big picture.” We want to know the “big”thing God wants us to do (or that we want to do for God). In focusing on that big thing, we can unknowingly walk out of the boundaries of His plan for us. It’s like trying to put together a puzzle without all the pieces.
Here are 5 truths that have helped me see the big picture:
- God’s plan is for us to be reconciled to Him. Is there anything keeping you from Jesus?
- God’s plan is for us to know Him. How can you use your time to get to know God more deeply?
- God’s plan is for us to share His plan with others. Who can you tell about Jesus?
- God’s plan is for us to love, forgive and show others the grace we have been shown. Who do you need to love? Who do you need to forgive?
- God’s plan is for us to serve others. How can you use your resources, gifts, talents and heart to help someone else?
This year let’s plan to know God, follow Him, share Jesus, love and serve others as part of God’s plan for us all. As we focus on the little pieces, I can’t wait to see the big picture emerge!